Application tips and tricks
Nailfordable Nail Wraps are the easiest way to get the great manicure at home. They are completely self-adhesive and don't require any heat to activate.
If you'd like to extend the life of your nails from 7-15 days or more, you can apply a top coat (but this is completely optional).
You can apply our nail wraps onto any type of nail, whether that is a bare nail, polish, gel, Shellac, SNS, or acrylics.
Recommendations before applying your Nail Wraps
1-Push back cuticle & file the nail surface (this is to smoothen the nail surface & to remove grease & moisture to achieve a long lasting result) then file your nails thoroughly to make sure they are super smooth, this increases the surface area of your nails which allows the adhesive to work better!
2- Next, ensure you clean your nails properly to do so you need to:
- First, clean your nails either with acetone (nail polish remover) or alcohol.
- Then proceed to wash it with soap water (preferably dish soap).
- Finally, dry your nails with a dryer or room temperature
- Avoid using towels or tissues, which tend to leave sediments.
- Dirt and Sediment prevent the wraps from pasting onto your nails
Tips for successful results:
- Select the suitable sizes (cut to the correct size if necessary and make sure they do not touch your skin).
- Carefully remove the transparent protective layer. Then peel it off carefully.
- Position onto "the moon" of the nail. Make sure the sticker curve touches the cuticle line. Press gently through the central line of the nail plate towards the free edge. Forget about the excess at this point.
- Press from the moon towards the nail groove size by size. During this step, squeeze the air out of the sticker to ensure a smooth touch.
- Cut the excess sticker, and then file the edges gently to make it smooth.
- We recommend to apply your nail wraps before going to bed, this way your wraps are not exposed to heat or water and can curate better.
- Avoid High temperatures, heat causes the wraps to get weaker and tear easier so when cooking avoid your nails getting in contact with the flames.
- Water dissolves the adhesive used to paste the strips onto the nail. It is recommended to use gloves when doing the dishes at least the first day after applying your nail wraps.
- If you have oily nails, it is recommended to use a clear base coat prior applying your nail wraps. Please find out available base coat options here
- During winter season, your nail wraps could be exposed to cold or extreme temperatures while in transit for delivery which causes the glue to get a little dry, we do recommend you to run a hair dryer in low setting from 5-7 seconds on top of your nail wraps (both sides) prior initiating the application process to reactivate the glue.
- To ensure long lasting results (10 days or more) apply clear top coat or gel coat after application to protect your nail wraps from chipping, Find our available top coat options >> here
HOW TO REMOVE
Process # 1 - Using Nail Polish Remover
1.Take a very small amount of cotton bud and soak it in the nail polish remover,
2.Place this on each of your nails - (Reusable Nail Soak Off Caps - recommended)
3.Wait a little bit of time for the nail polish remover to work its magic (be patient and the wrap will slide off smoothly - 3-5 minutes usually does the trick!)
4.Push down on the cotton pad from your cuticle towards the end of the nail, and the wrap should slide off in one movement with no rubbing or damage to your nail.
Pro Tip: nail polish remove can make your nails a little bit dry - so we recommend moisturizing your hands after this process.
Process # 2 - Using Coconut Oil or Lemon Juice and Warm Water
1.Put a small amount of warm water & lemon or coconut oil in a bowl
2.Soak your nails for a few minutes in the liquid
3.When the bond between your nail and the stickers starts to break, use your cuticle pusher to edge the wrap up from the side of the nail.
4.The wrap should edge off easily. If there is any residue left on your nail, simply wipe this off with a tissue.
Process # 3- Using Nail Wrap removers for 3-5 mins - available here
Should you have any application questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'd love to see your Nail Art! Please share your favorite Nailfie pics at your social media and make sure to tag #nailfordable to be featured at our social media.
The Nailfordable team